Sunday 26 February 2012

Gita calling ?

Bit Freaky, just stepped into the home shala for evening practice and found a book, one book. lying on the floor. Wasn't there when I practiced this morning and we've been at work all day. I must have just caught it as I was putting my practice diary back on top of the shelf this morning, half knocked it out or something and it then dropped out sometime during the day (keep going back to the shelf and trying a reconstruction, weird very weird). And of all the books on the shelf which one was it....?



Not that I'm superstitious or believe in signs or anything.... but a little spooky all the same.... 'bout time I read it again anyway

7 comments:

k said...

:D

(ps. Just wanted to read it on my Kindle...)

Grimmly said...

It's quite wonderful K, though my leanings are with the more Buddhist Arjuna at the beginning of the book and think he should have picked a different charioteer but that's just me.

Claudia said...

HA HA HA HA

So funny how you build the tension with the pictures getting closer and closer...

I think you may be crossing into some super power momentum situation here... this may be NOT funny at all

Grimmly said...

Very spooky Claudia, keep trying to make it happen again, put the Gita on the edge of the shelf and then give it the slightest touch to make it drop but it just goes straight down must have kind of bounced somehow to end up where it did, very strange.

Michelle said...

Cue the spooky music!

Jmitch said...

The translation of this one is from Juan Mascaró. He was from Majorca, like me. He was an atonishing man. It worth investigate a little about him.

Grimmly said...

Have heard a little about him. Seem to remember he was into the Spanish Mystics and that influenced the tone of his translation of the Gita. Don't know if that's true but it's beautiful and powerful stuff.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.