Wednesday 14 December 2011

Mandala

from HERE
Not sure how I feel about acroyoga, besides usually the guy gets stuck on the bottom while tiny light girl gets to do all the fun stuff.

M: "You want me to do what?????"

I posted on the Sarvangasana mandala from Vinyasa Krama yesterday, a lousy video from me, not much space so don't practice it much, perhaps it's enough to give the idea. I need to do another one though with Ramaswami's breath recommendations. Should probably redo the head and handstand versions while I'm at it, make the most of the extra space in the home shala

While getting the link from my video this showed up in the Youtube side bar



...in this one big muscly guy gets to do the fun stuff for a change.

And then there's this acroyoga video doing the rounds of FB



But, in case, like me,  you too are a little ...unsure of acroyoga...



....it has pedigree.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
All asana'd out from yesterday so taking a rare and belated moon day. Long backbend practice, a mixture of Heather Morton's backbend DVD (nice review from Maya HERE), her sun salutation with the backbend focus, Vinyasa Krama Bow sequences leading into 2nd series Ashtanga.

Managed to complete four Vinyasa Krama Practice Book posts yesterday to catch up, even get ahead, including the Supine subroutine breakdown sheet (for tomorrow)

Finally Supine is finished, long long sequence, around twenty subroutines. SeemsYoutube are now allowing me to post video's over an hour so I was able to re edit and post the complete Supine sequence and at regular speed, starting to consider a voice over.



From Thursday it's the Inverted subroutines (headstands) then just the Lotus subroutines to go and it's done, can disappear to the metaphorical cave for a while.

No asana this morning but perhaps there's time for some pranayama and a short sit before work.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Ha ha ha, I had not seen the video doing the rounds on Facebook, it had me laughing out loud!... Nor had I seen the pedigree one... Suits you to take a moon day, makes you very very funny! :-)

Grimmly said...

great isn't it, not usually a fan of pet videos started giggling to myself half way through and laughing out loud by the end. Moon days, might grown on me.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.