![]() |
| Our mountain, yesterday Shiga. |
There was a point in November when My Hard drive was grinding to a halt when I thought I might as well stop blogging altogether, besides it's not as if I'd blogged much that year....
Turns out I had blogged more than I'd thought, 150 posts (although previous years were 250-350, what did i find to write about?). Below I've chosen one a month that I'd like to read again myself.
Below that list is a list of Ramaswami's monthly newsletters/articles
Also a list of 23 posts with Krishnamacharya in the title, there are probably other posts concerning krishnamacharya but I was just going by the title.
There is also a list of 13 posts on Pattabhi Jois
Best wishes for the new year.
Grimmly
*
A year in posts
2015
Jan.
I was interviewed by both Peg and Claudia this year, a curious experience, not sure I'm comfortable with it.. Peg actually interviewed me twice - she forgot to hit REC the first time.... : )
![]() |
| New year daikon (giant raddish) at a temple in Kyoto |
Feb.
![]() |
| practicing in winter in a paper house, Osaka |
Mar.
I like this post concerning my friend Simon Borg-Olivier whom I had met a couple years back and had interviewed at the Yoga Rainbow festival. I joined one of his excellent Online course later in the year. See also the Ohmme yoga video post in October
![]() |
| Koya san mountain temple |
Apr.
![]() |
| tetsugaku no michi, Kyoto ( the philosopher's path |
May.
![]() |
| Saigyo's hut, Yoshino (Saigyo was a hermit and haiku poet. Basho came here to visit him) |
吉野山こぞのしをりの道かへて
まだ見ぬかたの花をたづねむ
yoshino yama kozo no shiori no michi kaete mada minu kata no hana wo tadzunemu
I'll forget the trail I marked out on Mount Yoshino last year, go searching for blossoms in directions I've never been before.
Jun.
![]() |
![]() |
| NOH - Tenjinbashi summer festival, osaka |
Aug.
![]() |
| first visit to Shiga prefecture, we ended up moving here in november, |
- Updated draft: Handstands, backbends and Saganaki - Derek Ireland
![]() |
| Rice |
Oct.
![]() |
| Sumiyoshi Taisha, Shrine. Osaka |
Nov.
Shiga is beautiful, rural japan, between the mountains and lake Biwa, there is a post in December on the new practice space.
![]() |
| Lake Biwa from the Ski Resort biwako valley, we live down to the right just off the beach |
Dec.
![]() |
| first snow, Shiga |
Last post of the year
Jan 2016......
![]() |
| first sunrise of the new year. |
Ramaswami's newsletters
![]() |
| Ramaswami stusdied with Krishnamacharya for 33 years |
Anthony's Nudge - February 2015 Newsletter from Sr..
Posts focussing on Krishnamacharya
- DRISHTI : Krishnamacharya didn't seem to turn his head in certain asana that we might expect E.G Suptaparsva paddanguthasana, Trikonasana, utthita parsvakonasana...
- Krishnamacharya's 10 minutes in Suptapada Parsvangushtasana (Suptapada Padangushtasana B)
- Krishnamacharya's own asana and pranayama practice...
- Krishnamacharya seems to have practiced along with his students...
- Krishnamacharya practicing at 84
- More on Krishnamacharya's breath, two students 30 years apart, Indra Devi 1930s and Yyvonne Millerand 1960s
- Krishnamacharya's Mahavedha (lotus lifted, spun, dropped)...
- How to practice Krishnamacharya's Early Mysore Yoga...
- How Pattabhi Jois learned Yoga from Krishnamacharya...
- Krishnamacharya: "We need some who are demonstrators...
- Krishnamacharya's Chakras as places in the body where the mind gets hung up
Post specifically on Pattabhi Jois
- Pattabhi Jois, Krishnamacharya and the Yoga Korunta...
- Pattabhi Jois, " That's Me"....... from yoga Unvei...
- What does Pattabhi Jois' Advanced A/Third series Visvamitrasana photo tell us about the development of his Ashtanga Vinyasa syllabus.
- Did Pattabhi Jois practice some or all of the Series he created and if so for how long?
- Pattabhi Jois : Long breathing "... inhalation, ten second exhalation
- Pattabhi Jois Early Asana Photos
- Should it matter if and how long Pattabhi Jois may have practiced the Ashtanga 'methodology' himself
The full years posts with hyperlinks
- Being Interviewed by Claudia for the Yoga Podcast ...
- Janusirsasana : Examples of kumbhaka in Krishnamac...
- 1:14 Practice continually.... but what exactly
- Ashtanga Vinyasa is how old?
- " The word Guru has become a doubtful concept" TKV...
- Connecting Ashtanga and Vinyasa Krama,
- Turning Ashtanga's KPJYI into KPJYF, a charitable ...
- Confessional, Note to self, Yama Niyama
- Outtakes: Ashtanga Parampara with Magnolia Zuniga...
- When to introduce the 2nd series leg behind head e...
- DRISHTI : Krishnamacharya didn't seem to turn his ...
- Krishnamacharya's 10 minutes in Suptapada Parsvang...
- INVERSIONS: Krishnamacharya's Head and Shouldersta...
- 2014 My year in posts, an insane year
- Vairāgya (वैराग्य) January 2015 Newsletter from Sr...
- Teaching one thing, practicing another
- Backbending: Supta Vajrasana, Advanced backbending...
- Book review OM The world of Ashtanga Yogis - Plus ...
- Corrected Version of the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mak...
- Yoga, Ashtanga -The Source, Parampara, lineage
- Re the young girl in Kurmasana in Krishnamacharya'...
- Slow Ashtanga? Update New practice space
It's been fun adding photos from the year to this year end post, thinking I might revisit the previous years and do the same over the next week or so.
Past years in posts.




















3 comments:
These photos are so delightful, Grim!! Love the one of the house grown into a tree (or have I got that backwards) and you in the kimono, with phone, beside that AMAZING TUB. IS THAT YOUR TUB. I AM COMING TO VISIT. Oh, at the gorgeous mountain, well done on the life choices there, as far as "living in a painting" goes.
Hi Maya. Glad you like the photos I enjoyed adding them. You MUSt come, know you will just love it and I'm only half an hour by train from Kyoto.
the AMAZING tub is from a visit to an Onsen/Ryokan last year, we stayed the night and got a room with it's own permantly heated (onsen) tub, was in it all the time,before and after practice, before and after lunch, diner, again in the evening and a last quick dip before bed.
Loving it here by the lake, best decision ever.
PS am enjoying your new book, reading on the train into Osaka (via Kyoto). Love Takeda, as usual you have this gift for making us care about characters. he got into that fight with Dog and i was thinking, no no Takeda, your violin fingers!
That house in the tree is actually a shrine built next to this old tree, for the tree (so old a god resides in it, a kami, thus the rope around the tree). It was actually in Osaka Sumiyoshi Taisha shrine. And I'm wearing a yukata rather than a kimono. Yukata is a light summer kimono, usually very bright and colourful for women. The type I'm wearing is what they give you in Ryokan and Onsen, Sento too ( public bath) oh and also if you visit a love hotel.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.