Tuesday, 7 July 2009

My Jump Back Feb 08 to Present



Feb. 08 / Mar. 08


Apr 08 / May 08


Jun 08 / Mid Jun 08


Jul 08 / Jul 08


Aug 08 / Sept 08
Oct 08 / Oct 08
Nov 08 / Nov 08
Dec 08 / Jan 09
Feb 09 / Mar 09

Apr 09 / May 09

Jun 26 09 (first Straight leg Jump through) / July 09 ( Slowed decent ).



June 8 2010


Apr 3rd 2012


June 23 2011


July 17 2013 Current approach to jumping back and through, a kind of delicate Sharath'ish hop

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow--amazing progress in a short period of time!

Tara

Tracy said...

Very Amazing progress! Really enjoyed watching them~
great idea by the way!

Ursula said...

Hi grimmly,
Can it be that you have lost a lot of weight?

Your progress is immense, so fast. Incredible. I'm learning a lot from you. You motivate me to try to jump through every day. And I progress. :)

Grimmly said...

I think I must have missed these comments Thanks Tara and Tracy always feel a bit guilty everytime I update this post as it takes too much space on Ashtanga.net.
Hi ursula, went from 94 (before starting Ashtanga and becoming vegetarian)to 78 kilo. Seem to have leveled ou 78 and feel quite comfortable at that weight.Funny but I put on about 2 kilo over christmas which didn't bother me but found I could really feel it in my asana and especially uddiyana.
Hope Monday brings you good news.

Ursula said...

Hi grimmly,

Don't feel guilty because of the space. I had this in the beginning, too and I got a lot of comments with the same contents: publish your pictures, I read, it's your blog.
So many are interested in what you write.

Thanks re Monday. I'm cool. That's good. I did what was possible, now I have to wait.


To be vegetarian helps a lot to loose weight without feeling hungry. It's a good lifestyle.

I'm looking forward to your next videos. Cheers. U

alfia said...

Awesome, just awesome. Inspiring, too.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fantastic! Thank you for posting this progression of videos. it is very inspiring. It is also very instructive because you make it possible to see the things that you're doing differently as you progress. It provides some very useful suggested tips. Congrats to you!

K80 said...

just practice and all is coming...:)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm really surprised you achieved jump back and jump through. I have short arms too (or is it the arm-torso ratio?) and so I'm not even able to do utplithi...Were you ever able to achieve this posture without props?

I would appreciate some of you feed back...Thank you

Grimmly said...

Hi Anon, lots of Jump back posts on this blog, some of the early ones i used blocks, also tried using socks on the bathroom floor. keep working at it and it will come. At the moment trying to tilt your pelvis up is my big tip, try to do it all the way through and also as you lift up to jump back. good luck with it.

Thank you Alfia, Sally

Hi Sissy.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.