Wednesday 3 December 2008

7 of 7 Seven elements that helped me achieve the Jump back

Felt this was important so have changed this series from six elements to seven


December 08


7. Focusing on the pelvis in space.

All the work I've done lately on the press to handstand and focusing on the pelvis in space appears to have benefited my Jump back.

1. http://grimmly2007.blogspot.com/2008/12/new-sheriff-in-town-lydia-from-squamish.html

2. http://grimmly2007.blogspot.com/2008/12/working-towards-press-to-handstand.html

I'm employing the other six elements but my attention is now focused on my pelvis.I'm getting much more lift. First time it happened, after the handstand work I was taken by suprise. I'd already got the jump back I wanted, or so I thought but this was so much easier, more controlled, effortless almost. Is this the moola bandha without the mysticism? I know they talk about the moola bandha as being at the base or floor of the pelvis but surely my moola bandha isn't any stronger than it was last week. Only thing that's changed is a shifted focus of attention and a conscious effort to lift from the pelvic floor while engaging Uddiyana, employing stretchy arms and pressing down.

More control on the Jump up to jump through too though I made a hash of the swing through by being too close to the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.