I occasionally get asked questions, whether through blog comments, direct to email or through FB, two arrived in my inbox yesterday...
Hi Grim,
would you mind dedicating a blog post to a topic called "books that deeply influenced my everyday yoga life" or something similar? I remember when you posted pics on your yoga bookshelf, also remember some posts when writing about Heidegger, etc.
I'd like to read about the books you think influenced your spiritual life (so I'm not talking about asa a practice books).
Thanks in advance,
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Grim, do you have any tips for headstand? I'm been trying it out against the wall, but was wary to kick up tried it once, and it made my neck really uncomfortable for a few days. Tried searching your blog for sirsasana, but all the 'hits' are quite advanced.. is it one of those pose that will 'come' when you're ready? just train your core strength, and dolphin pose (that's what a lot of pple said).
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmmmm, let me think, will try and do a post on Sirsasana on my day off (tues), taught it to M. recently and I'll be coming up to it in The Inversion subroutines soon anyway.
As for books that influenced my 'spiritual' life..... that's problematic for me, will have to have a think and try to come up with a post by the end of the week.
Do I have a spiritual life?
NOTE: Blog address now begins grimmly1997. I've unpublished 80% of posts but retained, on request, the Krishnamacharya 'Research' posts. Comments are turned off, there are no blog "members". NOTE 2: If you have landed on the mobile page, you need to scroll down and click on web version to get all the stand alone pages on Krishnamacharya, Asana lists, Yogasanagalu, Proficient Primary etc.
Pages
- Home
- Yama and Niyama: Krishnamacharya, Jois, Ramaswami
- Asana Lists Inc. Original 1974 Ashtanga Syllabus
- Krishnamacharya resource page
- Slow Ashtanga PLUS Yoga Makaranda Part I and II
- Yoga Reading List
- How to practice Krishnamacharya's Early Ashtanga Yoga
- Krishnamacharya's Yogasanagalu (1941) (translation project)
- The Ashtanga Key - Surya Namaskara
- Srivatsa Ramaswami Vinyasa Krama Resource page
- How to meditate
- VINYASA KRAMA sequences/subroutines
- Free Downloads (Updated with more links)
- Proficient Primary.
- Chanting Yoga Sutras
- YOGA GLOSSARY
3 comments:
Wow, you are really pumping out the posts! I don't know how you do it. All very interesting as usual. Love the home shala pictures, so sparse, as for cold room practice, join the club. It's taken me a while to find the perfect clothes for winter..right better get to work..
I know, probably because I'm not taking the time to edit them and just running off at the keyboard, bit of a shock when i look back on something like now and realize what nonsense I've spouted, oh well.
Home shala is getting there going to sort out that book shelf tomorrow and perhaps get rid of some of the posters/pictures, simplify simplify.
Stay warm.
It's already pretty simple, I've been tweaking my space a bit, must be getting ready for the cold practice season. I always have to wear thermal leggings. This house has no insulation and the air isn't nice if the room is heated up too much with kerosene stoves...even though it has an 'exhaust'. I like the spontaneous posts. Man if I wrote drafts and reworked I really would never get antyhing done. Mind you I still keep a paper journal. Old habits die hard, nothing like ink.
Cheers for the well wishes too.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.