Sunday, 5 August 2012

Alica Jones' new 'Ashtanga with Beethoven' video and her earlier Surf Guitar medley

Thank you to Kathryn for sharing one of her teachers,  Alica Jones', new video over on her blog ArkieYogini

I've had Alica's earlier video on my iPad and itouch for a year or two, still makes me laugh out loud in delight

Here's the earlier Surf guitar medley



And the new Beethoven video

4 comments:

Brianna Nash said...

I'm going to go ahead and say that these videos are quite awesome. Were these sequences constructed purely for the music?

Grimmly said...

Think it's just a bit of fun on her part, my guess is she made it up as she went along. I've bben tempted to add the surf guitar track to the old B&W Iyengar demo

Brianna Nash said...

That'd be interesting to see.

I know it's a process and takes time but sometimes seeing videos like this makes me wonder if I'll ever get to that point haha. Although, I don't think I'll ever give up trying.

Grimmly said...

Just takes time, she's been practising Ashtanga since 2001 I believe. Six days a week for ten years and you can pull out your surf guitar. But of course that's for a fancy bells and whistles Advanced series, you can still have a nice flowing, floaty Primary in a couple of years which is a beautiful thing in and of itself. It's been nice this week practicing straight primary every morning, getting back into the rhythm of it, do love this practice.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.