Sunday 8 June 2014

Kumbhaka: Vinyasa krama full tadasana speeded up x 4

First ipad post

Back when I first started posting videos on Youtube I was only able to upload ten or fifteen minutes, I had to speed up some of the full vinyasa Krama sequences . This is one such speeded up video that was pretty early, possibly even before I attended Ramaswami TT and was working from his book Complete Book of Vinyasa Yoga. I cam across it this morning as I'm sharing some VK with  friend and thought I'd see what movements I tend to miss out from my regular practice. I was struck by the use of kumbhaka even back then, you can't notice it so much after the inhalation (although it's there) but it's very apparent after the exhalation from watching my belly, I seem to have been exploring uddiyana kriya after every breath back then. This I should point out is optional.

Have a look at my recent interview with Simon Borg-Oliver on the possible health benefits of kumbhaka
http://grimmly2007.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/interview-with-simon-borg-olivier.html

Vinyasa Krama On your feet / tadasana sequence speeded up x4




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.