Sunday, 16 August 2026

Reply to comment on Jump back after Baddha konasana


Received this comment yesterday which for some reason seems to appear and disappear under Comments.


" Interested to read your blog and your previous post about baddha konasana. I notice that my best jumpback/jumpthrough is after baddha konasana, not sure if you have noticed that ? "


I think the previous post she/he was referring to was the one on Buhujapidasana where I was saying I found jump back easier after that asana and was wondering why.


Both Buhujapidasana and Baddha konasana affect the adductors and I was wondering if it was something to do with that. Focused on it this morning in my practice and found my jump back better after Baddha Konasana too.


Just did Baddha konasana and focused on where I was feeling the stretch (S) , (felt like somewhere at the top between the Adductor Longus and Magnus : I'm not much on anatomy!) then did a jump back focusing on the same point and noticed that I seemed to come up more easily and that I seemed to almost automatically swing back from there.


So what's happening. Only guessing here but I think usually I'm focusing on getting my feet up and more lately my knees. And when I think of pivoting at the shoulder (P) I tend to think of my head (X) as one end and my feet as the other (Y) . But perhaps (Y) should be the point where I'm feeling the stretch (S) in Buhujapidasana and Baddha Konasana. This seems to make more sense.
So lifting up focus on this point (S) which seems to help curl your pubic bone up and in following uddiyana bandha thus giving you more lift, then throw your head forward and draw back from (S) which is now also (Y). Does seem to make more sense drawing back from here.
Going to see if i can annotate one of my youtube videos with all this P X and Y stuff to illustrate this better. ok here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_FaXxduIow
Freeze frame it about five seconds in. Hope this makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.