So you you start your jump back, you've engaged your bandahs pulled your knees up to your chest and tucked your crossed ankles as close to your behind as you can. You press down, lift up, all is going so well, but as soon as you try to bring your legs through the front foot just hits the floor.
This is always happening to me and as much as I try to keep my feet up higher or tucked in they just seem to drop and drag and hold me back. But I think I might have come across something that helps. Instead of focusing on your feet and ankles try focusing on your knees and of lifting them up. This morning I'd read something on Mysore musings about another posture and pointing the knees up which got me thinking. During my morning practice I focused on my knees instead of my ankles. I'd lift up and just before I began to throw myself forward and try to swing my feet back and through I focused on my knees and of keeping them up and even lifting them higher. For some reason it seems to work, there's an extra bit of lift and your feet stay closer to your backside helping you get through.
NOTE: Blog address now begins grimmly1997. I've unpublished 80% of posts but retained, on request, the Krishnamacharya 'Research' posts. Comments are turned off, there are no blog "members". NOTE 2: If you have landed on the mobile page, you need to scroll down and click on web version to get all the stand alone pages on Krishnamacharya, Asana lists, Yogasanagalu, Proficient Primary etc.
Pages
- Home
- Yama and Niyama: Krishnamacharya, Jois, Ramaswami
- Asana Lists Inc. Original 1974 Ashtanga Syllabus
- Krishnamacharya resource page
- Slow Ashtanga PLUS Yoga Makaranda Part I and II
- Yoga Reading List
- How to practice Krishnamacharya's Early Ashtanga Yoga
- Krishnamacharya's Yogasanagalu (1941) (translation project)
- The Ashtanga Key - Surya Namaskara
- Srivatsa Ramaswami Vinyasa Krama Resource page
- How to meditate
- VINYASA KRAMA sequences/subroutines
- Free Downloads (Updated with more links)
- Proficient Primary.
- Chanting Yoga Sutras
- YOGA GLOSSARY
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.