This post is really just to Show off my new Tenugui and send a big thank-you to Okasan. Thank you too, for the beautiful Sake pots and as always for the Kyoho flavoured sweets. (Kyoho grapes have the most wonderful intense flavour).

I think I've mentioned before that Tengui are Japanese headbands, they're worn under Kendo helmets and I find them ideal for practice.
These are an early birthday present, I'm a Rabbit in the Chinese horoscope thus the little white rabbits all over the blue one, which is of course my new favorite.
And here's the new Tengui in action in Salabhasana.
14 comments:
Yep!
I tried the Vippy Shala last night in an exploratory Intermediate class (i.e., practice with tangents and diversions) and could NOT hit it, not even with 2 inches of rubber mat under chest.
Cheers!
veri: yawatede
I like the scarf! (Tenuga)- I always like the pirate look when you wear them in your vids.
Cute pic. Love the eyeglasses.
Isn't that a chinchilla?
Great look!
Yes Owl in the Northern Guangdong provence of China they celebrate the year of the Albino Chinchilla rather than the rabbit. Isn't that right Arturo.
Samurai Liz, Samurai,! not Captain' Jack, what am I to do with you two : ) , the only sensible comment coming from from Anon. today, thank you kindly.
And Patrick of course, I think you have to get the mat just right and bringing the shoulders in a bit seems to help.
Yes Owl in the Northern Guangdong provence of China they celebrate the year of the Albino Chinchilla rather than the rabbit. Isn't that right Arturo.
Samurai Liz, Samurai,! not Captain' Jack, what am I to do with you two : ) , the only sensible comment coming from from Anon. today, thank you kindly.
And Patrick of course, I think you have to get the mat just right and bringing the shoulders in a bit seems to help.
good tenugui! and happy birthday in advance. in fact, i think i have the same rabbit one in pink! but one correction, tenugui are Japanese towel or hanky, not exactly headbands but since its so versatile that it is no wrong at all to use it as headbands. i sometimes bring tenugui with me for practice.. but these days they are too thin to absorb all the sweat through the practice... cheers!
oh! right, right, right. Samurai. Of course! Samurai are super cool.
Hello, I was about to comment the same thing what Moo has rectified.
Tenugui means "facecloth" in japanese. (Te = Hands, Nugui = Wipe) But I think it's a very good idea to use as a headband during a practice. You look very cool! :)
wanna buy it next time I go back to japan.
Oops yes, face cloth, thanks Moo, and for the early birthday wishes too. And thank you too Atsumi (love the avata).
Thank you Liz, but i guess i do look more of a Pirate than a samurai in those blue pants (sigh). Neither of course were known for their Ahimsa
Bakasana shoulders/upper torso. At least at first.
This is a great place to learn to get and stay powerfully grounded under challenging circumstances. Press the shoulders and hands (and even the heart) strongly in to the ground in a way that pulls the legs up.
I take a breath when I'm still on the floor, bring my hands all the way to thumbs touching, and then wrap those thumbs around my inner thighs. This tells the adductors to engage, and reminds me to strengthen the MB a lot. With the adductors/MB on to 11, then I press the backs of the hands down strongly and walk or hop up. Then maintaining that, I relax the thoracic, neck and jaw. FWIW.
hi Grimmly
i'll have to ask my colleagues tomorrow about the albino chincilla in Guandong. i'm repeating it so i can remember.
cheers,
Arturo
hi Grimmly
well, my usually informed colleague was discomfluxomed (not sure that's a word) when i asked him if the albino chincilla was the animal representing Guandong. a googly search first came up with obscure musings, followed by a quick reboot that yielded an offer to buy chincillas. hehehehe. it's too funny. so sorry, i don't have an answer.
cheers,
Arturo
too confuse further, here is the word verif: laturphs
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.