Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Which Yoga Books to take when I move to Japan in three months?

Here's a not so fun game.

I'm following my wife M. to Japan at the end of May ( this time for good), so have to decide which books to take and which to leave behind.

The current yoga bookshelf




Which would you keep, which let go...., oh and what's missing, what SHOULD I have on my bookself?

After much agonising I was left with this.


... which means leaving all these behind. Some I have on my iPad, others I figure I can pick up another time, the rest I can do without.

If you'd like these books (except for Melanie Cooper's book - promised to Living yoga Valencia) and can come and collect then you can have the lot for a hundred quid, nice addition to the shala library perhaps.

Reduced down even further I end up with this pile, 13kg on the scales, that would be two boxes and come to sixty quid to ship.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Hatha Yoga Pradipika?

Grimmly said...

Anon, i think there are about four copies, top shelf

Anonymous said...

My mistake:)

Grimmly said...

: )

Anonymous said...

What would Krishnamacharya keep?

Grimmly said...

Probably the top shelf.... play Dharma Mittra's asana book : )

Yogini B said...

Oh, my, I feel your pain!! In my experience (moved countries 6 times in 10 years!), it's the reference books that I always regret. The more wordy texts are easy to get again (or get on my computer / Kindle) but every time I've given away a reference book I end up missing it, and either don't want to pay the $$$ to get them again, or sometimes can't find them again. In the end, shipping or storage is WAY cheaper even though they are the heaviest and bulkiest.

I also did some scanning so I have some of the bulky ones, like anatomy texts, on file and I can carry them around with me. And I stopped making the mistake of leaving behind my favourite books in favour of the ones I'd had for years but never read… Moving countries, oddly, did not make me read them!

Happy packing (if there is such a thing) and safe travels!

Grimmly said...

good point re the reference books, will have another look. I managed to download all my Heidegger and philosophy books on ebooks, shame i can't do that with the yoga books.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.