OK so I'm a woodwind repairer and one of the problems we encounter a lot, is double action or lost action. Basically you go to press a key on your Saxophone and the key moves a little before it engages with the next key and begins to close it. Not always a major problem but a good player wants instant response. The problem is cured by a slightly larger piece of cork between the keys so that as soon as you press one key the other engages immediately no lost action.
And this is what I've started to think is happening with moolah bandha. Coming from a western philosophy background I'm more than a little sceptical of the bandhas and heaven forbid the ruddy Chakras (there goes half my audience, sorry). However, uddiyana bandha has been a revelation to me and now I think I know whats going on with moolah bandha. It's the same as the double action on the saxophone.
When you want to lift up for your jump back if you dont engage the bandhas your pushing on your arms lifting the shoulders and then trying to lift the mid secting and then finally your backside and your legs. the lost action is in the "and then". However, if you tighten the moolah bandha muscles and pull in and draw up the uddiyana bandha connecting those two together and time it with the pushing down on your arms and lifting up your lifting everything together at the same time so you eliminate the lost action and get better and more controlled lift.
And this is what I've started to think is happening with moolah bandha. Coming from a western philosophy background I'm more than a little sceptical of the bandhas and heaven forbid the ruddy Chakras (there goes half my audience, sorry). However, uddiyana bandha has been a revelation to me and now I think I know whats going on with moolah bandha. It's the same as the double action on the saxophone.
When you want to lift up for your jump back if you dont engage the bandhas your pushing on your arms lifting the shoulders and then trying to lift the mid secting and then finally your backside and your legs. the lost action is in the "and then". However, if you tighten the moolah bandha muscles and pull in and draw up the uddiyana bandha connecting those two together and time it with the pushing down on your arms and lifting up your lifting everything together at the same time so you eliminate the lost action and get better and more controlled lift.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.