Had to share this here as it's the only video I've seen of Kino practicing at home.
Would make a nice post, video's of a bunch of certified and long term practitioners practicing at home,
In the end everyone becomes a home yogi (I know, I know some hate the use of 'yogi' but yoga practitioner is too long winded, we all know what we mean right, not suggesting any of us are Durvasana or Vashista, Ramaswami had a nice term for a yoga student but I always forget, must look it up).
I was thinking about this yesterday while I was transcribing Richard Freeman's Confluence workshop video, while he was talking you could almost picture all those hours practicing alone, all those ahhh moments as he noticed something new or something ...'interesting'.
We think about all those hours Richard, Tim, David, Nancy, Eddie and others, many many others, spent with Pattabhi Jois and yet they spent thousands more over the years, after they became teacher in their own right, working on their own practice alone, developing it, taking it deeper, finding new textures, colours.
Eka pada Chakra Bandasana above looks fun but I was thinking during the sury's yesterdays how a workshop with Richard would be interesting, how to keep finding the wonder in even just a sun salutation for the next twenty years let alone anything else.
It's a nice thought, looking forward to the next ten years of practice and if I'm lucky, the ten after that.
In the end everyone becomes a home yogi (I know, I know some hate the use of 'yogi' but yoga practitioner is too long winded, we all know what we mean right, not suggesting any of us are Durvasana or Vashista, Ramaswami had a nice term for a yoga student but I always forget, must look it up).
I was thinking about this yesterday while I was transcribing Richard Freeman's Confluence workshop video, while he was talking you could almost picture all those hours practicing alone, all those ahhh moments as he noticed something new or something ...'interesting'.
We think about all those hours Richard, Tim, David, Nancy, Eddie and others, many many others, spent with Pattabhi Jois and yet they spent thousands more over the years, after they became teacher in their own right, working on their own practice alone, developing it, taking it deeper, finding new textures, colours.
Eka pada Chakra Bandasana above looks fun but I was thinking during the sury's yesterdays how a workshop with Richard would be interesting, how to keep finding the wonder in even just a sun salutation for the next twenty years let alone anything else.
It's a nice thought, looking forward to the next ten years of practice and if I'm lucky, the ten after that.
2 comments:
Funny that we were both thinking about this today. I certainly hope I'm still practicing 10, 20 years from now!
Maybe it's in the air after all the confluence stuff coming out, the videos' , blog posts from people who were there etc.all a little inspired perhaps. Linked to your Solitude quote on FB this morning btw.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.