Clocks went forward here in the UK and my body still hasn't caught up. You settle into a nice routine, get up, have your espresso, da di da di da, get on and practice, it's all good.
Now I'm up ready to practice, raring to go. Body is like, nah gives it another half hour.
You'd think you could just practice an hour later but that doesn't seem to work either, my body is confused, out of sorts.
Tyranny I tell ya, tyranny.
Got to thinking about the US and all your time zones, what 28 of them or something, millions of em and no doubt your all zipping back and forth for business, family visits etc.
How do you cope with the time difference, any tips and tricks for jump starting your.... body clock?

8 comments:
I didn´t realize, because I use the cell phone, and It had auto updated the time. So when was the practice time (one hour less), because I didn´t realize of the the changing time, I just wake up and practice. When I finished my wife ask me why I had practice so early?
I thought, ok, that´s all.
as we say in spain:"Ignorance is bold" , I don´t know if is correct in english
It's a real pain when traveling from West Coast to East Coast. Suddenly your 6 am practice time becomes 3 am, which is impossible. Going the other direction is quite luxurious though.
I blogwhined about the time change for an entire week. Funny, I do not recall anybody (including me) being so affected by it last year. this "hardship" has been a big topic in the blogosphere.
Sometimes the time change can be favourable, and you end up practicing earlier than usual (which is nice if you're like me and start practice at 8am!) but if your adjustment is difficult, I suggest you simply change your time every day by 10 minute increments. That's how I got from 11am practice to 8am (5:30am isn't happening for me! Except when I was in HK and the time zone made it easy).
Almost the same Leon, we say 'Ignorance is Bliss'
That's what I was thinking Rene, an hour either way is one thing but 3... Hitched Across canada in under a week once had no idea where or when I was.
Ahh so maybe it was you Serene, vaguely remembered a thread on this but never really picked up on it at the time.
Maybe that would work elisa. The issue of course is that normally you have your coffee, visit the bathroom and then do your practice. With the time difference your waiting and waiting, decide sod it and start your practice and then have to head off to the loo in the middle of your Sury's.
At least with everyone coming to the Confluence from all those different time zones there wasn't a queue for the lav. : )
OMG. Thank God it's not just me. I'm completely screwed! I came back from a week in Chicago on the 21st, almost back into the swing of things then BAM! One more hour lost! I haven't managed one single morning practice this week!! Gutted!
Hi Micqui, Chicago? hope your clock sorts itself out soon.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.