Sunday, 4 March 2012

Ashtanga's Dynamic Transitions Music Video with David Garrigues

Loved this article from David Garrigues, read the whole thing HERE or HERE rather than just watching the cool videos below.

Great Super 8 (?) look to them


Ashtanga's Dynamic Transitions Music Video with David Garrigues from David Garrigues on Vimeo.


Ashtanga Dynamic Dimension: David Garrigues from David Garrigues on Vimeo.

5 comments:

Micqui said...

Aaaw, I saw this at the beginning of the week, so clever! Love it! Hope you are well Grim.

Karen said...

I'm going to practice with him for a week in June, so psyched -- I love how he explains things.

Grimmly said...

I'm good thanks Micqui, started a couple of blog posts but then wiped them, forgotten how to do it . Five years since I started yoga/Ashtanga this month so kind of want to write something.

Should be interesting Karen, a certified Ashtangi not hung up about using props ( his shoulder stand tutorial a while back).

maya9 said...

Hi Grim, lovely to see some action on your blog here, happy 5th year of yoga! Mr. Garrigues is coming to my neck of the woods in April and I am signed up! Psyched. My first Mysore classes EVER (what if I do it all wrong?), plus his Asana Kitchen, and two sections called Dynamic Asana and Passive Backbending. Will report back after.

Grimmly said...

HI maya, bound to be fun, interesting too, can't imagine David giving you too hard a time if your do do something wrong....he has his own DVD's of course
http://www.davidgarrigues.com/store.html
I remember he seems to include all the little hops in standing that seem to have disappeared these days. Where you hop into trikonasana stithi rather than stepping in.

I was too cool of course to do the hops myself but have started including them again, hopping in is ok but out again back to tadasana tricky. Ramaswami used to include them so it seems it was something krishnamacharya kept doing all his life.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.