Monday, 17 September 2012

No Nespresso, No prana

Picked up a Nespresso pixie from ebay for under 50 quid and I have to say it's some of the best coffee I've tasted and I get to enjoy it every morning before practice, no fuss, no bother in around a minute and  a half for less than 30p a shot.




A note about noise, because we're getting up at 5am or earlier for our pre practice coffee. The machine is pretty quiet, there's the first loudish buzz for a second or two then it quietens down some. Wish it was quieter still but ran upstairs to the bedroom and couldn't hear it so it's quiet enough.

Still like my cafe cubana but this way I save myself twenty minutes in the morning


And what about the glorious Monmouth coffee that I love so much?



Here it gets sneaky. You can buy these little refillable capsules from a company called Coffeeduck to pop your monmouth coffee in and then use them as a regular capsule in the Nespresso.

http://www.coffeeduck.com/en

They don't seem to work as well, takes a couple of goes to get the right packing of the coffee in the coffeeduck capsules, crema's not as good, but it's still a fair Monmouth espresso and of course it frees you a little from Nespresso's monopoly.

But then the Nespresso is so damn good I'm going with George.


4 comments:

dianemulholland said...

No way! I didn't know you could get capsules you could fill yourself! Apart from the waste, I'd love to be able to choose my own blends - particularly Monmouth ;) must get some.

Grimmly said...

Hi Dianne. The refillable ones are tricky though. first one I over filled second i didn't press down firm enough and it was really weak. got it about right now but still not as good as the regular Nespresso capsule. I think they get more pressure through theirs. nice to have the option of your own blend though. Oh the other thing you have to remember to take the refillable capsule out of the used tray or you end up throwing it out with the others, did that.

sereneflavor said...

I have a full Monmouth coffee smuggling operation going. I'm pretty sure friends and family are going to stop letting me know when they will be traveling to London.

Grimmly said...

I popped into monmouth the other week and was served by a girl with an Om tattoo on the inside of her arm, amused myself wondering if she might be an Ashtangi (given our coffee obsession). Sure enough, there she was a few days later at Richard Freeman's workshop.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.