Can't tell you how much I love this time lapse video of Ramaswami's TT course at Loyola this year. Different room from when I took the course, I like it. Thank you to Marina and Josh for sharing it.
Also from Marina and Josh, this wonderful presentation of the Vinyasa Krama Anjaneyasana sequence, here introduced by Ramaswami
'Please watch aesthetically performed Anjaneyasana sequence (adhomukhasvanasana, godhasana, hanumanasana, Anjaneyasana) including the lead sequence following the vinyasakrama and the accompanying breathing by Marina Boni and videographed and edited by Josh Geidel .
Here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtrLY7dxbi8&feature=relmfu
Feel free to share it with friends and other yogis. Thank you Marina and Josh'
Ramaswami Srivatsa
Anjeneyasana Sequence
Vinyasa Krama tradition
As taught by Srivatsa Ramaswami, student of the great Sri T Krishnamacharya
Filmed at Loyola Marymount University
Vinyasa Krama yoga Teacher Training program August 10, 2012
Here's the same sequence in half a minute using time lapse photography
Also from Marina and Josh, this wonderful presentation of the Vinyasa Krama Anjaneyasana sequence, here introduced by Ramaswami
'Please watch aesthetically performed Anjaneyasana sequence (adhomukhasvanasana, godhasana, hanumanasana, Anjaneyasana) including the lead sequence following the vinyasakrama and the accompanying breathing by Marina Boni and videographed and edited by Josh Geidel .
Here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtrLY7dxbi8&feature=relmfu
Feel free to share it with friends and other yogis. Thank you Marina and Josh'
Ramaswami Srivatsa
Anjeneyasana Sequence
Vinyasa Krama tradition
As taught by Srivatsa Ramaswami, student of the great Sri T Krishnamacharya
Filmed at Loyola Marymount University
Vinyasa Krama yoga Teacher Training program August 10, 2012
Here's the same sequence in half a minute using time lapse photography
4 comments:
Interesting sequence but the breathing doesn't seem any slower than the Mysore room videos you posted earlier in the week.
deleted your first comment anon, looks like you doubled it up.
It's a tricky sequence, think I have a video of me working on it somewhere, tough, Marina makes it look comfortable, nice smooth practice.
Yes, that was kind of my point abut the Mysore videos, breathing certainly isn't hurried no panting, breathlessness that I can see in those videos which seem a fair representation of regular daily Ashtanga practice around the world.
I tend to breathe slightly more slowly in my VK practice and now my Ashtanga practice also.
My thinking currently is to breath smooth and steady (pouring olive oil metaphor) but fully, to the end of the inhalation and especially the exhalation. Any slower than a ten second inhalation begins to feel uncomfortable so I build my breath around that. mostly keeping inhalation and exhalation the same (so 10 seconds each with a second or two inbetween ) but in certain postures, forward bends especially I'll allow the exhalation to be longer, fifteen seconds or so ( and possibly explore longer kumbhaka).
But it's what feels comfortable for the individual and their body type and wherever they happen to be in their practice.
that was a really nice video with the students and Ramaswami. I always was curious after your pictures of how it is at the TT with him and that was a great way to get a full taste
Isn't it great Claudia, must have a go at this time lapse effect. Bit different the year I was there, it was a dance studio, this room is more intimate, that said I loved the way Ramaswami's chanting would sound in the studio. Asana class in the morning was around three and a half hours if I remember correctly.
Love Marina's practice here, that's a tricky subroutine (ahhh, just checked, she's an Ashtangi)
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.