Saturday, 12 July 2008

Ashtanga with Bricks

I remember reading somewhere that Yoga props were discouraged in Ashtanga because it int erupted the flow. However I've found yoga bricks can be useful for working on the jump back. I used to use the Nike push up grips everyday then moved on to the yoga bricks as the hand position seemed more natural. Now I only use them once a week or so. I can lift up a little from seated and I can lift up off my knees into lolasana but I can't lift up from seated and move into loasana and back into plank without the bricks or socks and a hardwood floor.
So if your wondering whether to invest in a a pair of bricks but worried about them interfering in your plowing practice here's a short video. The video runs from Janu Sirsasana C to Marichiyasana C as I figured there was a lot of knees sticking out and moving about in these asanas and it would give a fair representation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.