Great practice this morning, in fact I'm sitting here, still hot and sweaty with my grapefruit because I can't wait to write about it.
Was watching Idoru2005's youtube videos over and over again last night. The guy's amazing. His jump back and jump through appear effortless. In fact his jump through reminds me of Sharath.
check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFJTJOAyZfM
he hardly seems to jump at all, what is that? it's almost ........almost a shrug?
And his jump back, now he's clearly a strong lad but he doesn't appear to use arm strength at all, is it all core? now look at his ankles. he seems to hook them around each other for a moment and really pull them in close.
that's what I was trying this morning. I think usually I'm trying to pull my ankles back and through. this time I focused on pulling them up and in closer to my body. I could feel it making a big difference. After Bhujapidasana I was able to lift up and pull through as if I was wearing my socks on a hardwood floor except I was on my sticky mat with bare feet....so close now I can almost taste it!
But of course tomorrow there will no doubt be that two steps backward feeling.
NOTE: Blog address now begins grimmly1997. I've unpublished 80% of posts but retained, on request, the Krishnamacharya 'Research' posts. Comments are turned off, there are no blog "members". NOTE 2: If you have landed on the mobile page, you need to scroll down and click on web version to get all the stand alone pages on Krishnamacharya, Asana lists, Yogasanagalu, Proficient Primary etc.
Pages
- Home
- Yama and Niyama: Krishnamacharya, Jois, Ramaswami
- Asana Lists Inc. Original 1974 Ashtanga Syllabus
- Krishnamacharya resource page
- Slow Ashtanga PLUS Yoga Makaranda Part I and II
- Yoga Reading List
- How to practice Krishnamacharya's Early Ashtanga Yoga
- Krishnamacharya's Yogasanagalu (1941) (translation project)
- The Ashtanga Key - Surya Namaskara
- Srivatsa Ramaswami Vinyasa Krama Resource page
- How to meditate
- VINYASA KRAMA sequences/subroutines
- Free Downloads (Updated with more links)
- Proficient Primary.
- Chanting Yoga Sutras
- YOGA GLOSSARY
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.