Friday, 18 July 2008

Best practice ever!

Got back from Paris yesterday and maybe it was something about doing my practice this morning in my own house, in a large airy space, after the grotty, cramped, stifling hot and humid ,city hotel room but i just had the best practice ever. Was getting further into my Marichys and deeper forward bends throughout. When I went into Supta konasana etc. I thought I'd left a couple of ribs in Paris. Strangest thing, I've been nursing a stretched hamstring for the last three months or so. Nothing too bad, but enough to make me take it easy where my right leg was concerned, but really frustrating. Anyway maybe it was something to do with walking over five miles a day through the city but it seems to have cleared up, just like that. Must ask the anatomy lot on yoga.com.
And my jump back this morning? kind of hesitant to say but I think managed to properly jump back and through about three or four times. Hesitant, because my mat was pretty sweaty and I was brushing the top of it,kinda sliding my little toe through, but still pretty much the first time on my sticky (ish) mat.
There are two things I discovered in Paris that I think helped but I want to put them in two separate posts for reference. One is to do with moolah bandha and the other is something to do with lifting up the sternum which seems to give more lift and a quite surprising tilt forwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.