Here are some links, as promised, to some pages, articles, advice etc. on the Jump back. These are the one's I'd already put in a folder but I think I have some more hidden away in my Ashtanga and yoga folders. Will try to fish them out and add them as I find them. Please send me any goods links you think I should include.
Listed in no particular order.
1. Advice on yoga.com forum
http://www.yoga.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=18388&start=1
2. Pick up and jump back by Maty Ezraty
http://www.ashtanganeworleans.com/Old%20Website/StudentSection/JumpBack-Maty.htm
3. Tips from Cronyogitech's blog
http://cronyogitect.blogspot.com/2008/02/jump-throughs-in-seated-vinyasas.html
4. Excellent tutorial from the mysore musing blog. mainly on the jump back but good section and video on the lift off.
http://mysoremusings.blogspot.com/2008/05/how-do-you-jump-through.html
5. Page on Nauli , the preparation for this helped me gain more control of Uddiyana bandha
http://www.yoga-age.com/asanas/nauli.html
6. Peter Sterios on Lolasan (middle stage of the jump back and good prep.)
http://www.petersterios.com/instruction.html?s=articles&article=lolasana
7. More on lolasana from Richard Rosen for yoga journal
http://www.yogajournal.com/basics/2296?print=1
8. Arm balancing work from Roger Cole again for yoga journal (builds arm strength).
http://www.yjevents.com/practice/1756.cfm
9. Tim miller writing on the jump back for Guess who/ yoga journal
http://www.yogajournal.com/practice/765
10. John Scott section on jumping back taken from his book
http://www.ashtanganeworleans.com/Old%20Website/StudentSection/Jump-Through-JS.htm
11. And from Doug Swanson's book on the same website.
http://www.ashtanganeworleans.com/Old%20Website/StudentSection/Jump-Through-DS.htm
NOTE: Blog address now begins grimmly1997. I've unpublished 80% of posts but retained, on request, the Krishnamacharya 'Research' posts. Comments are turned off, there are no blog "members". NOTE 2: If you have landed on the mobile page, you need to scroll down and click on web version to get all the stand alone pages on Krishnamacharya, Asana lists, Yogasanagalu, Proficient Primary etc.
Pages
- Home
- Yama and Niyama: Krishnamacharya, Jois, Ramaswami
- Asana Lists Inc. Original 1974 Ashtanga Syllabus
- Krishnamacharya resource page
- Slow Ashtanga PLUS Yoga Makaranda Part I and II
- Yoga Reading List
- How to practice Krishnamacharya's Early Ashtanga Yoga
- Krishnamacharya's Yogasanagalu (1941) (translation project)
- The Ashtanga Key - Surya Namaskara
- Srivatsa Ramaswami Vinyasa Krama Resource page
- How to meditate
- VINYASA KRAMA sequences/subroutines
- Free Downloads (Updated with more links)
- Proficient Primary.
- Chanting Yoga Sutras
- YOGA GLOSSARY
1 comment:
thanks :)
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.