Sunday, 16 August 2026

Working towards leg behind head asanas and jumping back from Eka Pada Sirsasana

Good practice with the new Kino Primary DVD this morning. (Half way through a review but want to practice along with it another couple of times first. It's growing on me, she says some helpful things that help you open up more in an asana).

In some extracurricular practice this afternoon I managed to get my leg behind my head/neck/shoulder and keep it there no hands for the first time today. Amazing to think I'll be able to do this someday with a straight back, hardly seems possible. Had a go too at getting my other leg behind as well so I could get into Kurmasana. Couldn't stop laughing as fell out of it over and over. In the end I propped myself up so I wouldn't fall backwards and managed to just about get into it. Not a lot of style and grace but it's a start. Was surprised at how well the jump back from Eka pada sirasana went though. Excited about it, can see a whole new world opening up.

Also worked on slowing down the Kino jump through and back, quite pleased with how it's coming along.

1 comment:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.