OK, I know this isn't the attitude but I'm sure we've all done it when we feel we're getting close and ,besides my morning practice is the meditative one, evening practice is more of a workshop.
Look at me getting all defensive, and there's me thinking I was a POMO Marine.
15 comments:
Check your breathing. Make it BIG and fluid.
EXHALE your chest away from your legs, taking weight toward your hands and even past them
INHALE your hips way over feet away from your hands
Try doing this for every breath in each back bend. Eventually, the inhale will carry you up to stand.
Of course, it is easier said than done. This worked for me :)
PS- Cheers for the listing :)
i was sitting there..anxiously holding my breath for you...
practice and all is coming..
But you already know that!
i agree with elephantbeans, i was just going to write the same thing. for awhile don't even think about coming to standing, just focus on exhaling (weight over hands), inhaling (weight into feet) and keep rocking back and forth and really EXAGERATE the breath. as in, we should really hear your breathing in your video.
lovely backbend, just need to figure out the breathing.
I prefer to think of us as samurai or pirates. Possibly as knights templar.
But Marines' shoulders are too bulky. Can't do kapotasana.
Oh, watched the vid. Holy cats.
Maybe imagine someone sitting on the ground in front of you just barely anchoring your calves with his palms.
Or maybe come up to the fingertips on the last bend.
Or maybe as susananda. She is good.
P.S. Your bandana says "pirate" to me.
Many thanks, think Karen is right, I'm not even going to try to come up for a bit, just spend a week exaggerating the breath elephantbeans style Love your blog by the way, love that it's not JUST ashtanga and has all this other crazy stuff on it. Knights templar! 0v0 Please, homicidal nutters the lot of them. The bandana is a japanese Many thanks, think Karen is right, I'm not even going to try to come up for a bit, just spend a week exaggerating the breath elephantbeans style Love your blog by the way, love that it's not JUST ashtanga and has all this other crazy stuff on it. Knights templar! 0v0 Please, homicidal nutters the lot of them. The bandana is a japanese Tengui (see picture next post)So maybe I like Samurai better than POMO marine (Ron Currie God is dead)... besides a "man has to have a code" OmarSo maybe I like Samurai better than POMO marine (Ron Currie God is dead)... besides a "man has to have a code" Omar
!!!
I would be a Templar way before a POMO Marine. I mean, Durvasa's pretty homicidal too.
You can be a Samurai if you want.
But wait. Your samurai effects are emblazoned with FLOWERS?????
Flowers, Grim? Right on your Ajna Chakra???
Ajna chakra is to do with overcoming dualism right .... Two petals? Not up on the chakras. Samurai loved flowers , the transiant cherry blossom anyway. But the lot of them , Templars, samurai, Pomo marines, your pirates all homicidal maniacs. Was refering more to the paradigm choosing aspect of the POMO than the marine. . . As you say shoulders too big. Damn you saw my last post before I managed to edit it , bloody itouch!
:-)
OK, my first thought watching the clip (apart from 'aaahhhh.. so close!') was 'what is going on with his feet?' I've seen people come up to stand on their toes, and I'm sure there's been some discussion on this (I believe David Swenson does it).. but for me the whole pose seems to be in the heels. I recommend rooting the inner heels down through the whole cycle of inhale-weight over hands / exhale-weight over feet.
I think a samurai bandana is most appropriate, cherry blossoms being the very emblem of impermanence, a salutary reminder :)
Go Grimmly!
(word veri is a fun word, ecledee)
Oh, and for the record, I thought that foot thing BEFORE I read the previous post.
Susananda agrees with me! Yay!
I thought bandannas were forbidden by the ashtanga police?
Thanks Susan heels seems to make more sense to me don't know where I got the toe thing, might have been something to do with getting some momentum going toes- fingertips -toes etc. One thing though did you mean this this way around?
"the whole cycle of inhale-weight over hands / exhale-weight over feet.
Others seem to be suggesting inhale weight over feet. which seems to make more sense coming up on the inhale.
Think it's similar to the jump back, all these different elements you have to internalise one at a time till one day they just all come together. And everyone internalises them in a different order, for one it's the breath that makes the difference for someone else the feet or the hips.
Yes thank you for catching that Grimmly, of course I meant it the other way around. VERY IMPORTANT to come up on the inhale, and inhale ALL the way up.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.