A million things wrong with this I know, but was so excited about a couple of bits that I had to post it. First that I've almost got the jump into EPS A , jumping my leg around my arm. Was miles away from this just last week, but the work I've been doing this week in my Primary of jumping back and through with alternate legs has started to pay off.
It's not pretty, but I'm getting my legs a little more over the shoulder, though my back is still more than a little Hugoesque
But best of all, for the first time, I'm able to get both legs hooked behind my head (sort of) without rolling over and having to use the wall to prop me up to get in it. Was so excited I forgot the namaste.
Dwi pada Sirsasana has got to be one of those poses that you never think you'll be able to do. Still wonder if I'll ever be able to do it with a straight back, but then how many times do we say that in Ashtanga and prove ourselves wrong.
Been rereading this excellent post http://susananda.blogspot.com/2009/01/practice-2009-where-are-we-now.html from Susanada. It's like a cheatsheet with all these great tips, hints suggestions for what's working for someone at the time of writing (been great help with kapo). On Titibhasana she mentions keeping the feet straight (parallel) and super straight strong legs. Tried it and it helped. Any excuse to post this joyfully absurd and yet frankly, disturbing asana.
Working through each Asana with Susan's "cheatsheet" has entailed doing everything pretty much three times or four times, two hours went by and I was only up to Picha Mayurasana. I've been wanting to focus on the forearm stands so decided to split my practice and come back to the second half, backbends, dropbacks and tick-tocks later this afternoon. Really enjoying having the free time to work on all this.
NOTE: Blog address now begins grimmly1997. I've unpublished 80% of posts but retained, on request, the Krishnamacharya 'Research' posts. Comments are turned off, there are no blog "members". NOTE 2: If you have landed on the mobile page, you need to scroll down and click on web version to get all the stand alone pages on Krishnamacharya, Asana lists, Yogasanagalu, Proficient Primary etc.
Pages
- Home
- Yama and Niyama: Krishnamacharya, Jois, Ramaswami
- Asana Lists Inc. Original 1974 Ashtanga Syllabus
- Krishnamacharya resource page
- Slow Ashtanga PLUS Yoga Makaranda Part I and II
- Yoga Reading List
- How to practice Krishnamacharya's Early Ashtanga Yoga
- Krishnamacharya's Yogasanagalu (1941) (translation project)
- The Ashtanga Key - Surya Namaskara
- Srivatsa Ramaswami Vinyasa Krama Resource page
- How to meditate
- VINYASA KRAMA sequences/subroutines
- Free Downloads (Updated with more links)
- Proficient Primary.
- Chanting Yoga Sutras
- YOGA GLOSSARY
2 comments:
My teacher once looked at my Titibhasana and said, "lift your bottom" and when I did, I could feel the difference in the pose.
Straighten your legs in the first one. Bigger steps in the walking one. And I am not sure that there is a vinyasa between the first and the second. Impressive how easily you bind in the second one. Not sure why it doesn't seem to happen in the third. Are your shoulders very soft and mobile? I always wonder why it takes, for me, so much heat and sweat and prep to bind my hands behind my legs.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.