First up my usual Sury A variation. I start doing these handstands after about my third Sury A and carry on through Sury B. I'm working on getting my forward bend deeper and my pelvis higher. Still using the little hop up for now, but trying to make it a smaller and smaller hop until eventually, hopefully, the full press will come. The jump up from downward dog is working on focusing on the "pelvis in space" and playing around with it.
Exercise 1.
In the next one I'm just practicing that lifting up from the pelvis motion in headstand and tripod. I'm trying to get that fixed in my head and body so I can transfer it more easily.
Exercise 2.
The third one is working on the press by allowing my head to contact the wall giving me a little support. Wouldn't recommend doing this too many times as it puts some strain on the neck. But once, going into Utkatasana should be OK.
Exercise 3.
On top of these there are the exercises Lydia suggests in her Youtube Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3IZ9mGwnEk&feature=channel_page "Some ways to press to handstand" tutorial. I'm trying to keep these separate from my main practice, extracurricular practice if you will.
* By the way I'm thinking about a new camcorder for these videos,any suggestions? Something cheap, HD perhaps but nothing too fancy At the moment I'm just using my phone. None of the YouTube or cnet camcorder reviews give an idea of which would be best for recording this kind of thing indoors
1 comment:
There's a lot of power in the gaze. I realize this here as nowhere else.
Something random--look deeply to the navel from a full forward fold, rise to the tiptoes sucking in the belly strongly, then move the gaze forward between the hands (or a little in front).
Among other things, this seems to focus my mind like nothing else. Dials the brainwaves down yet another notch.
Could be just me, entirely, though.
Your hamstrings are open and may become a bit moreso in time. That'll help.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.