Sunday, 16 August 2026

More Kapotasana (yawn) and "If you can do Langhvajrasana you can do it (come up from Kapo)".

I know, I know, MORE Kapotasana and no doubt the differences are very slight to you dear reader (Jane Austin, another famous Ashtangi) but to me they seem huge, massive, earth shattering developments of cosmic proportions.....I gained an extra 1/2 inch up my foot, my hips another degree or two closer to perpendicular.
Just feel at the moment that things are happening here and I want to catch them, even the wrong turns. ( Is it helping bringing the arms out and back or was it better straight back? Do I have Grilley sitting on my shoulder whispering that there's bone in the way and I need to work around it?).

"If you can do Langhuvajrasana you can do it"

NB. Apologies for being an Idiot. Susanada is talking about Langhuvajrasana I'm thinking of Ushtrasana.

Thanks to Susananda for this inspiring comment "If you can do Langhuvajrasana you can do it (come up from kapo). OF COURSE !!!!!! I'd pretty much given up on coming up from Kapo. Have felt my legs/thighs developing (Ouch) can even see the muscle development (will this hinder Eka pada's?) but thought it was something that would take a while, a long painful while. Coming up, seems such a long way to travel and as you can see in these videos I tend to just give up on it for now without really trying. But, "If you can do Langhuvajrasana you can do it". From Kapo B to Laghuvajrasana is only a couple of inches instead of thinking about coming up all the way up I just need to think about coming up to Laghu. I know I can come up the rest of the way from there.

LATER: OK, just tried this and I'm not even close coming up. Think it's the angle of my thighs/hips can't get any leverage. think I need to improve that angle by keeping my legs straighter/hips further forward as I go back and continue building strength in my legs.

Day off today so will do Primary and Intermediate up to Dwi Pada, (OK maybe Tittibhasana because it's fun and silly and I cant resist it) find I'm getting closer to it after all the primary hip openers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.