Having a problem with my jump back lately, actually there are still several problems but this is a new one that seems to have come about quite recently. Not sure when I started doing this but noticed it the last couple of practices. It's all to do with the breath. I Lift up OK on the inhale but then when I want to exhale and kick back into chatauranga it's like I'm stuck. I tend to bounce in the middle of it dropping my toe and then exhaling and kicking back. My toe doesn't always go down, I can sometimes muscle it out,but it's awkward. It's not a smooth transition from the inhale to the exhale, from the lift up to the Kick back.
OK, been working on the above and I think I know what it is. I think when I lift up I'm coming up more and more into Lolasana and am already tilted forward. I think before, I used to come up straighter and then the exhale would come more easily on that tilt forward and kick back. Stated coming up into lolasana a little straighter and that seems to be overcoming this lock up on the breath.
Another problem that comes and goes is with my Kino Jump Through. If I don't hit the point of balance POB or even sometimes when I do, I occasionally come straight down into a kind of Jump to sit rather than a Jump through.
The way to overcome this seems to be to jump up to POB bringing the shoulders a little forward of the wrists and then pivoting at the shoulder ball up and swing through.
This video seems to catch what I'm aiming at at the moment when it's going right. (Quite please with my Paschimottanasana at the moment , legs seem to be /staying flatter, have always found it difficult).
NOTE: Blog address now begins grimmly1997. I've unpublished 80% of posts but retained, on request, the Krishnamacharya 'Research' posts. Comments are turned off, there are no blog "members". NOTE 2: If you have landed on the mobile page, you need to scroll down and click on web version to get all the stand alone pages on Krishnamacharya, Asana lists, Yogasanagalu, Proficient Primary etc.
Pages
- Home
- Yama and Niyama: Krishnamacharya, Jois, Ramaswami
- Asana Lists Inc. Original 1974 Ashtanga Syllabus
- Krishnamacharya resource page
- Slow Ashtanga PLUS Yoga Makaranda Part I and II
- Yoga Reading List
- How to practice Krishnamacharya's Early Ashtanga Yoga
- Krishnamacharya's Yogasanagalu (1941) (translation project)
- The Ashtanga Key - Surya Namaskara
- Srivatsa Ramaswami Vinyasa Krama Resource page
- How to meditate
- VINYASA KRAMA sequences/subroutines
- Free Downloads (Updated with more links)
- Proficient Primary.
- Chanting Yoga Sutras
- YOGA GLOSSARY
3 comments:
Nice work. In paschimo, push your heels forward and down.
I think you need to really activate your bandhas when you lift up on the inhale to jump back. When you lift up rock your body forward to find your new center. Then using your bandhas lift your legs up and through to land in chataranga dandasana.
I good place to practice is in your finishing asanas. When you come to Tolasana strive to hold yourself up longer and longer everyday. This asana will help you develop the mechanics you need for flight.
I really enjoy reading your blog. Your attention to detail is really inspiring!
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.