Sunday, 16 August 2026

Towards coming up from Urdhva Dhanurasana ( wheel )

Received a comment from Anon. asking "have you tried standing up from backbend recently?" Hadn't been that focused on it until I started focusing on Kapo this week. As I'm getting deeper into that I've been trying to transfer developments from one to the other. I've been bringing my hands back closer to my ears to push up. There's not as much leverage at first but once you get an inch or two off the ground it becomes easier and you can get a deeper backbend. My hands appear to be getting a lot closer to my feet bringing my weight closer to my hips and legs. I SHOULD be able to come up from here. Can't seem to get the necessary coordination. I'm sure that just a couple of fingertips on my hips and the slightest directing, rather than lifting, from a teachers assist would be enough to do it.
Here's where I am at the moment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the video. As I suspected, you are so close! You are bending your head forward prematurely, which brings your center of gravity away from your feet. Push your weight forward with more momentum, and keep your head back until you are finally standing. Engaging the bandhas and activating your legs will enable you to stand easily.

Grimmly said...

Yes just noticed i start waving my head about and was wondering if that had any effect. Thanks for your comments

susananda said...

The effect of waving your head around will be to make you fall on it. Stop :)

Word veri: delish !

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.