Sunday, 16 August 2026

Coming up from Laghuvajrasana and Improved Kapo

Seem to be on a bit of a roll with coming up at the moment. I think a lot of it is to do with believing that you can. Knowing I can come up after dropping back now probably had a knock on effect to Laghu.
Going into Laghuvajrasana I was thinking about a comment I received recently regarding coming up from Dropbacks. It suggested dropping back, just to fingertips, but not committing completely to the Dropback, but rather come back up again from the fingertips and repeat.
So I tried that with Laghu, going back just beyond the place I'm usually committed and then coming most of the way up again and then dropping back all the way but trying to keep that tension in muscle memory of the coming back up. I didn't stay down for the five breaths but came up again directly after landing.....I think it counts no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&v=p3T2xBcdQhM&gl=GB

The second part of the video is a Kapo employing Susans "Namaste to third eye" that she was posting about this evening, though in relation to Dropbacks. Thought it might work with Kapo too. HUGE difference, able to drop back much closer to my feet and if I played with it a bit I think I could reach my ankles this way. Didn't even attempt to come up on this one though.

The final part of the video is an attempt to use Susan's Dropback approach. I really struggle hanging back with my arms outstretched, so the hands in prayer to the forehead seemed a good half way house, it is too. I'm able to go back much further than with my arms outstretched and able to keep breathing. I bailed though at the last second because I just felt I was too far from the ground from what I've become used to. Definitely the way forward, another couple of attempts should give me the confidence with it that I need

Nice practice tonight can't wait for the morning.

4 comments:

Yoga Chickie said...

OMG!! What the HECK?!!! You can TOTALLY drop back. Stop fearing! I've seen you drop back and stand up, so I don't know what that whole klutz thing was about...just do it. Stop thinking and arranging and fidgeting. Just drop back.

Your kapo is ridiculously gorgeous, btw.

Grimmly said...

Thanks, "ridiculously gorgeous" i like. It's coming along nicely at the moment but still haven't worked out the arm thing. Should be able to come up from Kapo B, stupid that I can come up from Laghu now but not even close with Kapo. Ho hum

susananda said...

Excellent!

Laghu: it counts. Now grab closer to your ankles.

Kapo: beautiful! I can't believe how quickly you progress. I take my hands to my forehead without thinking about it here, to get that final push up into the thoracic before landing.

Dropbacks: Remember to straighten your arms out before you start to drop :) And keep elbows in (goes for kapo too)

Coming up from kapo B: mental block. Press into top of big toes.

(0v0) said...

Yes, ankles.

Internally rotate the thighs. Tops of feet press down. Inhale.

:-)

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.