Could tell in the rock forward just before I attempted to come up that something wasn't right. Don't know why I tried it anyway...hubris?
Ashtanga keeps you humble.
This was right after the first successful one (posted yesterday) and I made a real hash of it. It didn't particularly bother me though as I knew I'd rushed it. Main thing is I know now that I CAN do it and that I'm not going to pass out in the attempt.
Several months ago I'd been watching the Grand Prix and when the adverts came on I decide to practice some backbends over the table. Going back was OK then I started coming up. Next thing I knew I was waking up on the floor, laying on my side my glasses a bit squished. I thought I'd been having a nice nap, but was confused as to why there. The Grand Prix had started again so I must have been out a minute or two. Slowly I began to remember what I'd been doing. Scared me a bit and I've had it in the back of my mind ever since.
The only time I feel feint now is when i try hanging back with my arms over my head, but forcing myself to overemphasise the breath seems to help.
2 comments:
Whoops :)
I only had to do that once to learn how not to do it..
Don't panic!
Don't twist !
Send your hips up !
Keep looking back and have your hands ready and you won't hit your head.
Having a laugh is good :-)
Beautiful lift of the chest !
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.