Sunday, 16 August 2026

Jump back from half and full lotus

Following on from the previous post.

Practicing along with Sharath's DVD, I've managed to get the half lotus Jump back, with the help of shorts and sweaty thighs. I think perhaps I cheat a little with my hand placement, but am happy with this for now.

Managed the full lotus Jump back too this morning. Bit of a squeeze getting it through my arms. A very tight lotus helps and bringing the knees towards each other. Then it's on to Patrick's tip of lifting it up high to give you time to unfold the legs. Very excited about this one. The warmer weather helps.

3 comments:

susananda said...

Very nice. I regard those as something I don't even have to try. Maybe post-urdhva kukkutasana.. :)

Grimmly said...

Tolasana too no?

Liz said...

Susan, that's what I was going to say! Veeeery nice. You don't even cheat, the way I do (jam elbows into gut, come up, shoot back).

I like how Susan regards them as something she doesn't need to try. ha ha!! That's how I feel about a lot of things!

ps- Grimmly, expect a lot of Austin to show up, I've told some people about your blog! They can't wait! Video is very exciting to yogis, as you know.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.