Sunday, 16 August 2026

Kapotasana side grab....touched my heel

Excuse the lack of a shirt, have tried to cover myself up a bit with Black and White and lots of contrast. I wasn't planning on recording anything today, but after my primary I felt pretty good and decided to go on up to Kapo. Wanted to see how it was going, so hit record and ended up touching my heels. It's just a touch mind, but am excited about it. It's this side grab I picked up from Boodiba's video that is making all the difference plus trying to focus really hard on keeping the legs straighter.

Almost got the jump back from lotus today as well, thanks to Patrick. That got recorded too but while I managed to unwrap the lotus mid-air I ended up landing like a splayed frog. there is a limit to warts an all blogging.

oh sod it , here it is.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic. Time for me to get serious about this side grab.

Liz said...

Wow. You really got in pretty deep!
I have to confess, my eye wandered to the sword display behind you!! Pretty cool.

Love the laugh when you bump out of the lotus.
(just read your last post- didn't comment, but it's a very interesting thing to ponder... how we come to all this knowledge, and how sometimes it seems different- ie: ankles together in Nakrasana? hmmm)

Grimmly said...

Ahhhh my swords. I used to practice Iaido in Japan, I was very honoured to be able practice in a very small invite only class. My sensei gave me the sword, it's longer than usual due to my height. I no longer practice though, ceiling too low.

susananda said...

Damn, the splayed frog one won't play!! Nice kapo though. Your hips are a lot more forward than before. And don't worry you look good without the shirt! :)

Grimmly said...

Come on Susan, no Englishman looks good without a shirt following a long dark winter. A slice of White fish on a plate without any dressing, that's me on my manduka. Kind of glad you can't see the frog one though, cringe everytime I watch it.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.