Have been thinking recently it's time I started going to a Mysore class on Sundays to tidy up my practice. I just know I have too many bad habits to mention. In preperation for this I got out Sharath's Primary to practice along with and keep myself on the count. I'm loving it, having the best practice this Easter. Love Sharath's economy of movement, would you even call his jump through a jump.....it's almost a hop (though I'm keeping my half kino). I've been trying to follow him with his jumping back out of asana though and enjoying this challenge, even managing to jump back out of half lotus Might add a video of this later). Think I'll follow along with this all this week and perhaps go along to Mysore next Sunday.Getting my Kit off.
Through the winter I've been practicing in Nike Pro's, great fan of these and how they wick the moisture away. Yesterday though I went with a pair of Nike shorts that I'd bought for the last time I visited a Shala a year or so ago. Made such a difference to my practice. Where the compression shorts had taken away the sweat from my thighs, with the shorts I was able to slide my foot off when jumping back in half lotus, I was able to get my arm through in the proper version of Garbha Pinasana, rather than my cheat. Without the shirt I was more able to slide my shoulder and chest through and bind both legs behind my head, before dropping down into Supta Kurmasana. Grapefruit
If your in the UK pop along to posh old Waitrose and buy some of their Pink grapefruits. Been a little small through the winter but they're now back to their larger, plumper, juicier, sweet best. After my practice, sitting down to half of one of these beauties with a little honey on top (though they're sweet enough you don't really need it) is the BEST part of of my day. What does everyone else have?
6 comments:
I didn't realise you are in the UK until I read Susan's blog about your repair of her flute.
So where do you hope to practice on Sundays?
Hi Kevin, YP I hope after all the good things you, Owl and Susan have to say about it. Assuming Central line doesn't let me down. Not goingto be able to get there till around quarter past eight but I'm getting used to Sharath's pace of just over an hour for primary. So an hour and a half should be plenty (never been one for long Savasana's, but dont tell Owl).
Excellent! Today Robert brought Oscar in and started practice at 9, and I didn't get up from savasana until 9:10, you'd have had as long as you wanted. Other days they may have workshops after and we have to be a little quicker, but there's always a wee finishing room we can use after if we want. I'm sure you'll have plenty of time, even if you got a short delay (always good to know!)
looking forward to it, even a bit of the stick.
There is no Central Line this Sunday from Liverpool St. If you want to go to YP you have to take a No8 or 388 bus from there to BG.
Can recommend Michaela Clark at the Lifecentre on Saturday and Sunday mornings for Mysore practice as well.
Hey Grimmly
How is Sharaths DVD compared to Kino"s? Where did you buy it?
Thanks
E
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.