Sunday, 16 August 2026

Towards Supta Vajrasana

Boodiba's Supta Vajrasana video inspired me to approach this more seriously. Up 'till now I've been doing my Supta V cheat, which involves grabbing my toe with my left hand then sliding my right through the left, forcing it down to reach my toe. Can now do it properly, throwing my right around the left, most excited about that.
I was putting my sofa on my knees to try to go back, but would end up lifting up the sofa, so gave up on it and just worked on getting a deeper bind without the dropback. Again inspired by the Vid I gave my bed a try. Too high, but just about OK with a rolled mat. Managed to keep hold of my toe with my right hand but let go with my left, optimistic though. Saw Richard Freeman do it unaided on his intermediate DVD, hmmmmm, no wonder he figures you can do Karadavasana in a fortnight if he assumes you can do unaided Supta V. My intermediate is now all over the place, running over to the bannister for strapped Kapo then upstairs to the bedroom for Supta V. and up and down the garden for tittibhasana B.
Had been wondering what to do with my blog after the Karandavasana project but think I'll just look at Intermediate progress. Liz has suggested Vrishchikasana (leading back into tick tocks )and I was scOWLed at, for not taking Nakrasana seriously enough, so plenty to play with.
Intermediate amuses me, how the heck can you take yourself too seriously when your pretending to be a Duck, an alligator and whatever kind of insect tittibhasana B is supposed to be.
But how to label these posts.

2 comments:

Liz said...

"I was scOWLed at, for not taking Nakrasana seriously enough"... that gave me a great laugh! YEAH! Everyone must pay their respect to Nakrasana, dammit! What a pose. So ridiculous. Builds up strength, though.

(0v0) said...

Nakrasana: separating the crocs from lesser lizards.

Evil grin.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.