Maybe yesterday's was a little better or perhaps the camera angle hid a lot but it was good to be able to do it again right away and consolidate the action.My left knee is still a little tender so only gave it two goes today, plus I'm a little cautious about tucking my lotus in too tight As the knee loosens up I should be able to come down more slowly again as well as a little tighter.

This screenshot pretty much shows where I'm going wrong. While I'm managing to come up, and don't get me wrong I'm excited about that, it's probably the major psychological hurdle to overcome, but the posture is awful........ Actually I've just done a Karandavasana search on YouTube and my posture isn't as bad as I thought. Everyone seems to have the same arch of the back, the only difference being is that most of the videos on YouTube show the shoulders further away from the hands. mine has tended to pretty much collapse.
Here's the video, I've added a slow motion replay at the end. Day off tomorrow so perhaps one more duck post where i can try and work out exactly what it is that's making the difference between coming up and my crash and burn on day 5.
The important thing is that I'm up, the rest I can work on developing as I go.
Things to work on:
Tighter lotus
Coming down more slowly
Staying engaged
Not collapsing the arms
Weaning myself off the chin brace
The dismount
Hmmmm pretty much everything really.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.