
Karandavasana really is one a hell of an asana. I had another tilt at it this afternoon and managed to get my lotus pretty much uncurled, but now what! Still a way to go before I can unbind and balance back in Pincha or unbind to land on my feet. No way I'm able to bring it back under control to lower it softly. What else is there left but to come crashing down on to my knees
My warm up for Karandavasana this afternoon consisted of making the tea in Ardha baddha Padmottanasana.I managed to bring my lotus down nicely a couple of times but still didn't feel I was landing it high enough up my arms or indeed keeping my arms up enough. Thought I'd miss out the Pincha M aspect and try hoisting my lotus onto my arms as high up as I could and try going up from there. Also I wanted to try and get some momentum going as I uncurled to see if that helps.
Well yes it does.... BUT.... I threw myself into unrolling my lotus, managed it, but realised too late that I was committed and was going to end up crashing down. Not sure what to do about this now other than go the whole hog, commit myself and try to undo my lotus in time so I can land on my feet.....bit scary. Perhaps the act of unbinding my lotus will have an effect and take me further up.
My starting position here feels about right but I still end up squished down. Need to find a way to keep this starting position as I throw it back up again. If I can do that then it should be almost there. As it is I'm pushing myself forwards and down to then push my lotus back up. Maybe if I think more of a rolling action, that might bring me down but under and help me to go back up straighter.
Day 5 only two more days to go. Probably best as I'm getting desperate with the duck photo's
2 comments:
The cooked duck... nice.
I'm cracking up that you've only given yourself 5 days. I'm giving myself 5 years!
Landing on the knees in lotus sure is startling, isn't it? Like, "am I going to crack both my knee caps?"
I had a much lighter assist today in my practice, so I'm feeling hope, but it's just going to take some real going at it alone. Over and over. Grimmly style.
5 days? that would be silly, have given myself a week : )
I see these kind of things more as home workshops, a chance to focus on something intensely and see what happens. Perhaps I'll pull it off but if not I figure I'll be further along than I was. Then I just let it simmer away on the back burner for a bit and let it work itself out while I focus on something else and come back to it later and try again. Seems to work.
Anyway, two more days to go on chasing the duck then I'll put it on duck watch, tomorrow might be a little scary.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.