Redux! AlreadyJust can't leave this alone.
Ok so I can't get into lotus at the moment, or at least it's ill advised and even if I can, I can't bring it down. But this may be the best thing that could have happened.
I started to think how I could practice Karandavasana without the lotus. Well, I can practice Pincha Mayurasana of course., and perhaps, I thought, I could practice coming down with just my legs crossed rather than in lotus. But then I realised, I could practice going up without being in full lotus too.
Check out the video I think I may be onto something. I was getting locked up when I tried to lift/uncurl myself back up, you can see this in the first attempt on the video. But now look at all the exercises after that. It's our old favourite 'pelvis in space'. In each exercise I try to bring myself in tighter to my arms. Something seems to be happening, I'm going up. Question is, will this work when in Lotus, or can I adapt it to work in lotus. I'm not going to be able to find out for about a week.
3 comments:
try lifting your pelvis to come up. thanks for sharing your practice.
Watching this reminded me of an exercise Matthew Sweeney had us do. Going up into handstand, then coming down to half-handstand: but the key was to keep our feet together and experiment with the distance between our knees. It was most instructive re: how distance between knees affects hip movement (wider apart, more flexibility) & stability of core (wider apart, less stability). If you can figure out a way to go up with feet together and mess around with the knees, it may be useful.
Perhaps pincha arms, then tuck into a bakasana on your arms (feet together) and try to extend up from there?
Of course, that's easy for me to say, sitting here on the couch with my morning coffee!
Thanks Karen, sounds interesting, will give it a try. Susan mentioned Bakasana as helping over at her place.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.