I've never been that big on video games, but I do remember getting into the second Tomb Raider. I remember being stuck in the Venice Opera house section for about two weeks and the intense frustration of having to go back again and again through the whole section to get to the point where Lara had last died. Twenty minutes to get to the next tricky bit which I would get wrong again and again and have to go back to the beginning again and again....That's what Karandavasana felt like this morning. I wanted to work on coming up but had to go though the whole getting neatly up into Pincha and bringing my Lotus down slowly, landing it higher on my arms, before I could get to the point I wanted to work on. And as you make a mess of the first bits you end up getting more and more tired until like Lara croft you find yourself out of Ammo.

So like the duckling above a little downhearted this morning (The cartoon is on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR3kI7FWU6s ). However looking at the picture on the left I'm starting to feel a little better about it. I've actually managed to lift my lotus quite high. If I can work out how to keep my shoulders further up and away from my hands that would push the whole thing more upright and lessen the pull of gravity......wouldn't it?

Plus I had a fall, quite a dramatic one but not painful. It's the second attempt on the video below.
1 comment:
Oops!
I really like your reaction though :)
Looking at your first photo, my thought was 'chest and face back'. But I think your 'more shoulder lift' might accomplish that.
Having found out that one success doth not an expert make...
Word verification: dopsy. Cute!
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.