Yep, pretty sure I was right in what I was saying this morning, that it's all about curling or rolling the lotus in. Susan is, I think, saying a similar thing in the comments at her place, when shes says she aims her knees for her armpits.Was able to consolidate this mornings practice and am feeling much more comfortable. My body is straighter and I'm curling my lotus in keeping the weight straight down through my shoulders and elbows, so my arms aren't feeling as tired. All the way down I'm thinking about keeping it tight , tighter, tighter still. Came down very slowly in the first one on the video but made the mistake of resting once I'd landed. Should keep everything activated, supposedly, making it easier to go back up again.
I'm sure I'm on to something with the unfurling/unfolding/uncurling of the lotus rather than attempting to lift it back up. Think I was better at it on the second attempt on the video, though I came down more quickly. It still starts to go out, which is when I lose it. Need to keep it tighter.
Plan for tomorrow is to bring it down just as slowly and keep it activated for a breath or two and then try to unfold it thinking all the time about keeping it tight.
When I started this a couple of days ago I wasn't expecting so much, perhaps some more control and a slower descent. Am starting to believe I can do this now.
2 comments:
"Keeping it engaged." Rather like Laghu in the backbends? I find that if I don't keep the quads very, really quite, active (which for me happens by concentrating on the little toes in contact with the floor), coming up does not happen.
Yes, just the same as laghu!
Grimmly, you CAN!
OK, reading on...
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.