Sunday, 16 August 2026

Karandavasana Week , watching the duck disappear over the hll, day 7 Postponed

Karandavasana week, postponed due to injury.

Just a bruised knee from the landing on day 5. I did Primary today to see how it coped with half lotus. It was OK, definitely felt more like a bruise than anything else. I could feel it more as I bent forward in half lotus and it coped well with those jump backs, oh and by the way, have you thought what a great exercise the full lotus jump back is in preparing for coming up in Karnadavasana, knew it would be useful.

Anyway gave Karandavasana a try. Bit awkward getting into Lotus, but it was as I started coming down that it began to hurt. I landed it but the left knee was quite low on my arm. Decided to give up and rest it for a couple of days. Maybe I'll take Days 6 and 7 next Monday and Tuesday.

Bit annoyed with myself, such a stupid injury. I should have considered the landing aspect when I threw myself up up like that, of course I was going to come crashing down on my knees.

However on a more positive note, I think I've said before that when you focus on something in this way, whether it's the Jump back, Kapo or in this case Karandavasana, then the other asana seem to take care of themselves. Recently I seemed to have lost my Jump through, for the last two or three weeks I haven't really been coming through but just landing on my backside. Well today it came back. I seem to bring my head and chest up as I begin to come down and through and that must be making all the difference.


Did a nice handstand down and through to Navasana too today, though not on camera.

Perhaps I'll focus on handstands and arm balances for a couple of weeks instead.

What do you guys call it a Crim week?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you know your buddy The Rocket(tm) is full of Ye Olde Arm Balances, right?

;-)

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.