Sunday, 16 August 2026

POP QUIZ Dwi Pada Sirasana, Can you work out what I'm doing wrong?






Right leg first









Left leg first





Two pictures taken at the moment I try to hook the second leg over. I can manage it Right leg first but couldn't do it left leg first. Just realised why that is, could have kicked myself when I worked it out.

10 points for the first to point out the obvious. (or a Lolipop).

9 comments:

nemsissi said...

because you tried to help both legs with the same hand?

V said...

Because you are helping yourself with the same (left) hand in both of them.

Do I get a lollipop?

Ahu said...

:) I see it! it made me smile...

roselil said...

looks like you are using the same side arm no matter what leg you take first ...

Anonymous said...

Now these "points," can I turn them into dollars for my credit card payment? Can I turn them in for ease in Kapotasana? It's important, you know, that I know what yoga points will get me :)

Umm...shoulder not in front of thigh?

Anonymous said...

In the second picture you should be using the left hand to get the
second leg crossed over ... ?!

karen said...

Using left hand for both sides (easier to balance when using the opposite hand)?

V said...

D'oh! I had another look and realized that on the left leg first picture, you are trying to cross your right leg in front of the left one! No wonder it's harder :-D

Grimmly said...

Thanks everyone for commenting. Thought it was a good example of why videoing yourself can be such a good idea. So obvious when you see it but I'd been struggling with this for a month. Could have kicked myself when I worked it out.... Assuming dear Susan hadn't got there first, Ouch!

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.