Sunday, 16 August 2026

Hanumanasana : Flying monkey god subroutine

Back in June I mentioned in a post how Hanumanasana was the pose in 3rd series that I was most afraid of. ( http://grimmly2007.blogspot.com/search?q=hanumanasana ) On your recommendations I started doing a little work on it after the Pasarita series in Standing. Now, armed with the Hanumanasana subroutine from the Vinyasa Krama book I'm slipping in a shortened version of the routine between Utthita Eka Padasana and Ardha baddha Padmottanasana every morning. Still a long way to go before I'm a flying monkey God but it's a nice little routine fun to do and fits in here pretty well.

Basically, from down dog step into Eka Pada Rajakapotasana and some arm variations, then Anjaneyasana and variations and finally Hanumanasana and Variations. The variations tend to be laying forwards, arms up or up and back (back stretching) and some hand variations.




































And a video of the whole thing, still working this out and playing with the routine in the book

It's my foot on the rubber mat honest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grimmly

Looking at your pics, I may be wrong (so forgive me in advance), but it looks as if your hips aren't level in the hanumanasana sub routine - I've been lectured on this a hundred times, we must aim to keep hips as level as possible! Try using blocks to sides when in the full version to level hips out.

AC

Grimmly said...

Your right of course AC. The pictures and video is of the second side, in the first half of the video ( that i trimmed away ) I'm making more of an effort at twisting my hip in to get them straighter, think I must have forgotten about it by the second side or made less of an effort.
Blocks are a good idea, I spend more time on this on a Vinyasa Krama day ( have my hands on blocks in hanuman to keep my body straighter and take 20 breaths) so will try it then. On an Ashtanga day I move through this routine quite quickly so as not to intrude too much on Standing.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.