Sunday, 16 August 2026

Leg behind head sub-routine from Vinyasa Krama's Asymmetric seated sequence

Love this sub-routine, it's from this mornings Asymmetric Seated sequence. It comes up half way through and follows a number of Marichiyasana vinyasa's. The Last two asanas come from the 'On one leg sequence' but I find it easier to practice them here.


































And here's the video of the above. I kept it to about three long breaths rather than five or six for the recording. Still not completely familiar with the sequence which shows up in some hesitation here and there. Gets a bit raggedy towards the end, the breath especially which is very un VK.

Savasana looks bloody ridiculous from that angle

7 comments:

Ursula said...

Great sequence, and how already mentioned, you progress damned fast. :)

Greetings.
Ursula

Liz said...

ha ha... "you progress damned fast". So true.

Thanks for the video and the stills- it's intriguing (but not enough for me to actually do it- still sold on Ashtanga!).

Your chakrasana looks good, too! (on that last post)

Grimmly said...

Can't blame you Liz, did my first primary in a month last night and it blew me away, such fun.

Yes a nice sub-routine Ursula, do like that about VK, sub-routines throughout, Ashtanga itself is a collection of sub-routines, no? It's not just a collection of poses that seem to go together nicely (OK maybe in a couple of places) but a sub-routine here a sub-routine there, which is I suspect why it works and has such integrity.

karen said...

Primary is exquisite; intermediate is deeply psychologically challenging. Them's the rules. :-)

Grimmly said...

psychologically challenging? Haven't found that though have read about Kapo epiphanies, people bursting into tears etc. Where's mine! Actually I might try to squeeze an intermediate in this week, haven't done one for a few weeks. Could tell there was a big difference in my Primary yesterday from the VK be curious to see if i notice something similar in 2nd.

Ursula said...

Especially when I'm learning a new pose or when I'm not happy with a pose I try it with sub-routines and often they are helpful.

To try to bring the leg behind the head i.e. helps doing supta kurmasana.

Ursula said...

Oh, and how I love it to have a bit more time to read my fellow yogis and fellow bloggers posts. It's much fun and sometimes even poetic. :)

If you ask me: Ashtanga yoga is a diva, who needs the most attention.
It differs too much to the other yoga styles. Ashtanga yoga is much more work with energy than the other styles. Or: I simply love the dynamic that Ashtanga yoga offers me.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.