Think this is the first time I've filmed Vatayanasana. I wasn't sure what to make of it before, felt too fiddly. After Karandavasana, Vrschikasana, Mayurasana and Nakrasana, your pretty wiped out and this intricate bugger pops up. After it you have those nice relaxing asanas, it felt kind of in the way.
Since I started the full vinyasa trip, everything feels more balanced and now I really like it. I'm getting my foot much higher in my groin and the jump back has become really nice and floaty, it's fun. Need to get my hands up higher of course, looking forward to when I can balance well in this and breathe long and slow.
Wouldn't want to do this on anything other than my Manduka (re the knee)
Don't think I'm supposed to raise the arm at the beginning, mixing it up with Ardha baddha padmottanasana.
Oh and it's a bit spoiled at the end , didn't manage to float my foot all the way back between my hands.
5 comments:
'then this intricate bugger pops up' - hahaha, just so!
For the record, you don't take your arm up in that OR in ardha baddha padmott. And you should switch legs in downdog, unless you're doing your own special vinyasa thing :)
Kino's DVD will be here soon thenI'll be kosha. Actually I think I'll keep full v, love it. I want to get Lino,s full V 3rd just imagine lol
Not in ABP either, really? wonder where i picked that up from, kind of like it though. i did the switching legs in Down do for awhile but, feel I can make sure my leg is better placed when do it after coming back to standing. i used to have problems with my knees years back, old Aikido injury, never had a problem since I started yoga but am still a little protective of them.
A lot of people who come to my classes like to take their arm up, but we are taught not to. IMO all it does it destabilise, I prefer to just softly drop down.
I have to reposition my foot after I jump forward on each side. Still can't find the right place for it! Think this is the weakest link in my 2nd.
Full vinyasa 3rd, excuse me but you really are a nutter :) Mind you I have just done all of 2nd as a warmup before I start... going into it cold I might like (or have the energy) to do 'extra'.
but thern they're both balancing no? destabalization is kind of the point or rather it's overcoming. Think i might drop it on Vatayasana, intricate enough already but keep it on ABP....I like it in ABP : )
but you see i don't find Full V anymore knackering, finding it more calming. I think the encinitas 3rd DVD i have is full V, maybe I'll do it Sunday and see how it is. Full 2nd as a warm up to 3rd, now that's nutty.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.