Sunday, 16 August 2026

Exploring 3rd series ; Viranchyasana B

Really like this asana, the first part reminds me of Maha Mudra. It's the Janu's taken up a notch. Looking forward to spending some quality time in this with the breath and bandhas.

Before that happens though I need to get clear on a few things, how to bring the extended leg back into half lotus as well as the exit out of the rolled foot. Oh and how the hell to get my hand under my knee. Think it was OK when I was doing it with Swenson, but when I filmed this after my practice I'd forgot where I was and what I was doing.

The three asana I've posted today are ones I haven't filmed before and thus hadn't had a chance to look at from the outside, as it were.


Still amazed that the foot rolls back as well as it does. I still cringe to watch it happen, seems so wrong, but feels fine.



It's poses like this that negate the unarticulated suspicion that has been gnawing away at me since Wednesday

4 comments:

Boodiba said...

Just pick up the knee a bit & put the hand under? Is what I do & no one's complained.

What's the suspicion? That 3rd isn't really such a big deal?

Grimmly said...

He'll no Boodi, it's very much a big deal . Probably the best series of the three and hard bloody hard. I can get away with half of it perhaps, but I wonder if a year from now the other asanas will look much improved.

It's something else, need to see how this week plays out.

Grimmly said...

Oh and the ' just pick up the knee' bit, I tried but I couldn't make it move : )

Boodiba said...

Knee no move? I hate it when the body doesn't freaking cooperate!

OK man of mystery. You'll have to fill us all in later.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.