Sunday, 16 August 2026

Kapotasana heels! + Kapo prep Part 2

Following on from this mornings post I decided to add some more poses from the Vinyasa Krama Hanumanasana sub routine, see it here as Kapo prep. I added all but Hanumanasana itself, splitting them up between Parsva dhanurasana, Utrasana, Lahuvajrasana. First Kapo was OK, second one was good and I thought I felt my hips further forward so decided to go for a third.

The third Kapo blew me away, sure it's still untidy in the video but it felt great. Right at the end I felt somehow light and if I'd arrived there sooner, felt I could probably have gone in deeper. I can actually imagine grabbing my calves let alone my heels. It's as if you've fought your way through some trees and you come out into a clearing with all this space. Being so much more upright, coming back up again is almost effortless.


Bloody wonderful practice this morning.

6 comments:

maya9 said...

Wow! Terrific! :applause: I want some of that space you speak of!

I especially love the tarantula hand crawling up your foot. It must be post-Halloween-syndrome, I'm seeing zombie body parts everywhere.

Grimmly said...

Thanks maya, quite excited about this one still, really interesting, sensation of space and lightness, but maybe I imagined it, doesn't look that way watching it back now. Spider hands always amuse me, the way they crawl along the floor, up a leg, around a back or over a shoulder. Was it Thing, from the Adams family?

alfia said...

Very impressive!

I liked the way you stood up from it - looked absolutely effortless. I can't lift on my own at all.

Spider hands! :D

Grimmly said...

Thank you Alfia, really excited about this one. Really thought toes would be my limit and was OK with that. Coming up is much easier when your this far in and your legs already so upright but I'm going to post on coming up, thinking i'm getting the hang of what's going on when i get it right.

susananda said...

You nailed it! Very nice.

Grimmly said...

Thanks Susan, been hit and miss since, but at least I know it's there now.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.