Sunday, 16 August 2026

Leg behind head progress Eka and Dwi Pada Sirasana

I've noticed some progress in my LBH recently. Seem to be getting the leg further over the shoulder. I want to try the Maehle, medial femur rotation, tip over the next couple of weeks, so I'm posting this as a before in the hope there's going to be an after.

I tried straightening my legs before lifting up but almost lost balance, might be an idea to practice that with my back against a wall for a little while.

Never been happy with my jump into Tittibhasana, trying to jump while keeping the hips in a plane straight through,think that might come from the new Maehle book too, tricky. Exit through Bakasana is untidy here and I even touch a toe down, usually smoother than that but still inconsistent.

Always something to work on......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Grimmly,

Thanks for posting this. It looks really good, I really enjoy this part of the sequence. Any tips for the jump back from eka pada. I go back from a single leg bakasana but it feels wonky. Any tips?

Claudia said...

Very interesting, looking forward to the "after" part, which I am sure will be happening

Anonymous said...

It's a funny pose, eka pada. I didn't expect it to require as much strength as it does. I still have to hold a foot to fold forward, or my neck feels like it will snap clean in half. Otherwise, I enjoy working on it. Dwi pada is in the dim, dim future for m.

Boodiba said...

I wish I could get my own leg down past my shoulder. I can get assisted that far down, but can't get it there solo. Course I haven't tried practicing Buddhasana since a couple token efforts in August with C.

Dana said...

your blog takes so long to load (however, my concept of time has been forever altered by the interwebs)---but I love it! Wish it didn't take so long...

Dana said...

btw, thanks for linking to my blog.

Grimmly said...

Hi Helen, just posting a slowmo Eka pada jumpback to Youtube now. I need to watch it and make sure I'm doing what I think I'm doing, will post on it tonight or tomorrow with some screenshots.
I had to hold my left foot for ages after I'd nailed it with the right Lew. I think some of the Vinyasa krama prep postures I've been doing as well as some of those kinky LBH moves from 3rd have helped. The laying back one leg behind head posture in particular. that's the first part of yoganidrasana anyway so is kosher for intermediate.

Sorry it takes so long to load Dana, too many videos this week perhaps.

The after, Claudia, should come once I've checked which way 'medial' is ; )

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.