Sunday, 16 August 2026

Free time on the Vinyasa Krama 200 hour TT course

What to do with your free time when your on a TT course? Read the Gita again? Chant through the sutras together, go through our course notes perhaps or begin work on our essay....nope.

I remember seeing David Williams do the hands free lotus on his website. Showy, yes but very cool. One of the guys on the course could do it. This is Chris he also does on of the most beautiful uncrossed jump backs and jump throughs I've seen. check it out here.


He taught it to Wyatt who came in excited one afternoon after god knows how long practicing it on the beach.


I spent the rest of the course trying to do it. I could flip the first leg in to half lotus and secure it and then once that was in, after settling, I could flip the second one into full lotus but not both together at the same time.

I've been sitting on the above videos, wanting to add my own to the end, kind of Chris taught Wyatt taught me kind of a post but it could take a while.....

UPDATE
Closure, at last closure. Decided to give it another try and managed to land it, a little lame perhaps not exactly the tightest lotus but it counts, doesn't it?

4 comments:

Kali Om said...

The smile/smirk at the end is priceless.

I think it's easier to do in shoulderstand, and then plug it into sitting.

Kaivalya said...

This made me giggle. I think it was the mental image of a bunch of yoga geeks hanging out in their dorm room, doing fancy yoga stunts! The VK training must have been a bit like 'summer camp' for adults!

I liked your video too! You're determined and I'll bet you nail it sooner rather than later!

ArkieYogini said...

Hehe...I like Kaivalya's comment about yoga geeks practicing their new tricks. Sounds like the training was fun.

I saw David Williams do this lotus trick during one of his workshops...and I have to admit it was pretty darn cool. Want to try it out for myself but I'm afraid of wacking myself in the shin with my foot.

Grimmly said...

Yoga geeks, what us? Krishnamacharya snaps into lotus in Shoulderstand in the old 1938 video, be nice to do it that quickly and smoothly in Karanda too, would save strength for the lowering and raising.

What do you mean Kai, I nail it in the video...well perhaps not nailed, bluetacked maybe.

Yep, lots of bruises on the shins learning this and it is rather silly, but fun, need to be able to do it with an air of nonchalance though.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.