Sunday, 16 August 2026

Siva gave me Karandavasana back for my birthday.

So my birthday today (gained a year, had thought I would be 48 but only 47) and I thought I'd do 2nd series as I hadn't done it for a month.
Surprised how well it went, breath much more controlled, felt stronger and fitter throughout. Perhaps we should rename the course I just took Ramaswami's Vinyasa Krama boot camp, I mean I lost 3 kilo (6.6lb).
Kapo was the only thing that was a little lame, lost my heel grab for now but still dropping back to my toes so all is not lost. Coming back up from Kapo was a breeze, legs are very strong from all those squats in the triangle and one leg VK series, as I said Ramaswami's boot camp.
Nice to get my Karandavasana back, I'd tried it a couple of times in the first week, but lowering lacked control and a severe face plant to get back up here I managed to slow it and get up with the merest brush of my chin on the mat.
Think I might keep one 2nd series a week along with my Friday primary to keep my hand in, Vk the rest of the week.

9 comments:

peaceloveyoga said...

Hot Damn! Great job. You're looking really lean too. Great work.

Claudia said...

My goodness! you did it!, fantastic!, thanks Shiva!... how come you thought you were one age but were another, are you really that out of it when it comes to your age? seriously?, I wish I was like that...

Kali Om said...

I turn 46 on Monday.
Om OM

Arturo said...

Dear Grimmly

Happy Birthday!!!. My connections to the internet are slow so I can't see the Karandavasana, but congrats. Maybe at another time in the day it will be possible to come back and see it.
Cheers,
Arturo

susananda said...

Happy birthday!! Great karanda. Mine has gone missing and can't seem to find it again! It looks like your arms are squashed when you come up though, can you press all the way back to pincha before you come down? I used to press all the way up in lotus.... but then I would lose the balance when I straightened the legs :)

Enjoy your birthday float!

Grimmly said...

'Hot damn!' loved that laruga, thank you made my day. Re the age, boys Claudia, we don't take much notice. Happened before, a guy I work with is the same age as me a few months before me. We both thought we were 44 a couple of yeas back and it turned out we were only 43, so it's not just me.
happy birthday for Monday CK.
Thanks arturo, shame you missed the karanda, I'm quite pleased with it. But as you say Susan, arms squished, always squished and I need to work on pushing back up to pincha as you say, it'll come. Just as yours will of course come back, no doubt better than before which seems to be the way of it.
Thanks, still looking forward to my bucket. Hey CK, I'm going to a floatation tank tomorrow.

Arturo said...

dear Grimmly, oh, yea, i found out the trick is to start the video, walk away ten minutes, then hit replay. then it seems to have been stored in memory and i can view it seamlessly. very nice K. but it's also that there are times of the day where there is less internet traffic and i can get through.
cheers,
Arturo

Grimmly said...

Thanks Arturo, Thanks, I do the same thing here sometimes when it gets a bit slow. Rather than get frustrated just open another window and do something else while it downloads or make a cup of tea. Here it only happens at peak times, sounds like it's like that almost all the time over there.

Grimmly said...

Happy Birthday CK

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.